Feedbacks and Complaints
We want to hear from you
We welcome feedback and complaints as it helps us improve. We want to listen. Providing a compliment, raising an issue, providing a suggestion, or making a complaint can be made by:
- Speaking with new dawn Counselling & Support Service Manager – 08 6102 4242
- Sending an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Writing down your feedback and/or complaint and giving it to a staff member
- Post your feedback and/or complaint to P O Box 2660 Clarkson WA 6030
All our staff can receive and respond to feedback or issues. You may also feel your concerns are best handled by a Manager.
Helping us Improve
Your feedback and complaints are important to us. Understanding what we’re doing well, and where can do better helps improve the way we work with people, businesses and other organisations.
Everyone has the right to make a complaint. We have clear processes to make sure you are heard. We’re committed to continuous improvement and striving to always do better.
Can I get help to give feedback or make a complaint?
Yes. We can help by:
Arranging an interpreter or you can contact us through the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 13 14 50• Writing out your complaint for you• Communicating via the National Relay Service if you’re deaf, have a hearing or speech impairment. Visit relayservice.gov.au
Can someone else make a complaint for me?
Yes. You can ask a friend or relative, or a community organisation to make a complaint on your behalf. We protect your privacy by checking that you have given your permission.
What to include with your feedback or complaint
- Your name
- Your best contact details (e.g. phone number, email address, postal address)• What your feedback is about – e.g. the service provided, who was involved, what happened etc.
- What you want to happen now
Can I make an anonymous complaint?
Yes. But this may make it difficult to investigate if we can’t get more information from you.
What happens after I provide feedback or make a complaint?
We’ll let you know within two working days that we’ve received your feedback.
- If you’re giving a compliment, thank you! We’ll make sure it’s passed on to the staff and their manager.
- If you’re making a comment or a suggestion, we appreciate your advice. We’ll pass it on to our team and look to learn from this.
- If you’re making a complaint, sometimes it can be resolved straight away. In some circumstances, we may need to ask you for more information or to speak to our staff or other people involved.
We aim to finish looking into your complaint and get back to you within 28 days. If it’s going to take longer, we’ll let you know. We take complaints seriously and we investigate them thoroughly.
Will I be treated differently if I make a complaint?
No. Everyone has the right to make a complaint. We welcome your feedback and deal with complaints professionally.
What happens if I’m not happy with the outcome of my complaint?
You can ask for a review by a more senior staff member. This may be our client feedback manager or a member of our executive team.
You may be able to complain to an external complaint agency. You can do this at any stage of the complaint process, or if you’re not happy with our response.