Home care Services Perth WA
We do not offer blanket, one size fit all home care services in Perth but we work in collaboration with our service users and their family to establish their needs, how they want their needs delivered.
Principles and Values of Chizim Home Care Services Perth
We are providing high quality, reliable and caring home care services in Perth to suit your individual needs and goals. Usually we see no conflict between meeting the needs of Service Users and those of workers. Where such conflict exists, the needs of Service Users must take precedence. The basic principles underlying our home support services to vulnerable people are outlined below:
exceptional home care services Perth
The Care Worker will recognises your right to be left alone, undisturbed and free from intrusion and public attention.
Confidentiality of information
Your rights to confidentiality will be safeguarded.
Fulfilment of Aspirations
Your social, emotional, cultural, political and sexual needs are accepted.
We will consult you about daily living arrangements and enable you to participate in discussion about any proposed changes to those arrangements.
You will have a regular review of your individual circumstances on a monthly basis, or as needed.
We will provide you with information about the services provided by Chizim Care Services.
Your Support Worker will support you to exercise your personal choice in opportunities and lifestyle. You are central to all decisions. We welcome designated advocates if you cannot participate in serving user planning.
Accessibility to a formal complaints procedure and allowance to have a representative, a friend adviser if you so wish.
We will inform you about your legal rights.
Supporting your independence
We will support you to take risks on the basis of your own, informed opinion will have the opportunity to think, act and make decisions. This will include the capacity to incur a degree of calculated risk.
We will inform you about your medication needs and support you in making decisions in relation medical treatment whenever possible.
Family and Friends
We will support you to maintain access to family, friends, facilities and the overall community.
Seeking a Home Care Services in Perth WA?
Involvement at every stage of your care
- We will assess your personal needs to make sure you get safe and appropriate Care that supports your rights
- You will get the care that you and your social Care professional agree will make a difference to your health and wellbeing.
- We will coordinate the transfer of your Home Care Package to another service provider.
- Staff; respect your cultural background, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief and your disability if have one.
Safety in our Home Care service Perth
- We will protect you from abuse or the risk of abuse, and staff will respect your human rights.
- If we are providing nursing care, you will get the medicines you need, when you need them, and in a safe way.
- To be cared for by staff with the right skills to do their jobs properly
- Our staff are knowledgeable, skilful! and have experience needed to meet your health and welfare needs.
We manage our Staff well to meet your care needs and for you to achieve your goals.
Care, Treatment and Support that meet your needs
- We will involve you or your representative in discussions about your home care, treatment and support. You will get support if you need it to help you make decisions and staff will respect your privacy and dignity.
- Before you receive any examination, care, treatment or support, we will ask you whether or not you agree to it
- We will continuously monitor the quality of our home care services to make sure you receive support you need.
- You or someone acting on your behalf can complain and we will listen to you.
In order for you to receive quality Home care, we have initiated a Key Worker system. We will offer you an opportunity to choose, your Key Worker. They will undertake to identify your needs with you and ensure that this can be met through a service User Plan.
The aim of the Key Worker system is to provide each Service User with an advocate within the staff team, and develop a relationship based on trust and mutual respect. The Key Worker will undertake an assessment with you to establish your preferred name, personal circumstances, personal history, and social and medical circumstances; all of which, will be entered into your Care Plan.
KEY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Our policy is that any information about you is strictly confidential and that maintaining a position of trust in regard is paramount. Some information will be shared with members of staff which is relevant to providing IT support.
- Making sure our home care/respite services meet your needs;
- Helping staff to review the support they provide to you to help them achieve the highest standards;
- Investigating complaints or legal claims;
- Auditing of our home care services
Information about you might need to be passed on to other agencies or organisations. The types of organisation with whom we may share information about you are:
- Community Nurses;
- Other health professionals;
- Social Workers;
- Accreditation Board
Service User’s Personal Fulfilment
The aim of Chizim Care Services is to actively help you to lead a fulfilling life within the limits of your abilities and wishes, and to recognise and cater for you, should you wish not to be active or socialise.
You will be central to the devising of your Service User Plans. Family member, friend or external advocate may be
involved. Staff will endeavour at all times to create a stimulating environment and to focus on maximising your
potential. They will attend to your complete needs irrespective of how your disabilities may affect them.
- You have the right to practice your beliefs, religion or culture without constraint by restrictive or discriminator practice.
- We will thoroughly investigate Complaints of discriminatory practice and the results of the investigation made known to the complainant.
- Complaints are recorded in such a way as to monitor repeated problems.
Risk Taking and Management
We use Risk assessments as part of the commencement of service process for each person and the results integrated into the Service User Plan. By this process of integration your views, the views of the principal care family members and professional advisors will be fully taken into account, as part of the participative Service Planning process.
We will use the checklist below to determine the way in which Chizim Care Services will undertake to meet your wishes.
- Attendance at clubs and centres;
- Going to places of worship and other activities;
- Engaging in leisure and recreational pursuits;
- Carrying identification;
- Use of stairs;
- Degree of independence;
- Seeking help in an emergency.
Gifts, Wills and other Documents
Gifts to staff are subject to disclosure to the Registered Provider, and may be refused on basis of conflict of interest.
- Inappropriate behaviour is the systematic maltreatment, or physical, sexual, emotional or financial abuse of one person by another.
- Preventing inappropriate behaviour is Chizim’s main commitment and if you, a carer, friend or relative has any concerns in this area, they should discuss this immediately with a senior staff member, or use the formal complaints procedure.
- You, your principal carers and relatives will be kept informed of the progress of the investigation into any
OUR HOME CARE SERVICES
Assistance in using continence aids and appliances such as disposable…
Mobility and Dexterity
Providing crutches, quadruped walkers, walking frames, walking sticks, mechanical devices…
Assistance with personal activities such as bathing, showering, toiling, dressing…
Nutrition, Hydration, Meal Preparation & Diet
Assistance with preparing meals, including special diets for health…